When you are looking at headlights for your vehicle, the most important aspect to look for is the visibility. In this sense, the headlights can be Halogen Lights, HID Lights, LED Lights or Laser Lights. Led Lights are by far the most commonly used headlights mostly because it is the latest invention. Also, it gives a better visibility and the area that it lights up is very clear and instantaneous, unlike the Halogen which takes time and is brighter in the centre while faded around the edges. Again LED lights don’t heat up the headlight housing thereby damaging it.
The market is saturated with LED lights and kits and it might be difficult for a common man to differentiate the good from the bad. Here you have 10 Best Powerful LED Headlights listed out for you. Use this as a reference, to buy the one that suits you and your car.
Top 10 Best Car Headlight bulbs in India
Here is a list of 10 best car headlights bulbs for night driving with their pros and cons. Choose the one which fits your need.
Philips car led lights by the iconic brand Phillips probably needs no introduction. Phillips X-treme Vision led headlights for car India is designed to give you the best experience possible. The gradient coating gives you a significantly whiter light perfect for night driving.
- Good Output and Throw.
- Better visibility in high beam and low beam.
- Improved visibility at night.
- Better than stock lamps
- Not exactly white light.
- Not exactly 130% as claimed.
Osram is a well-known brand and has one of the best car headlight bulbs in India. This halogen bulb boasts of its compatibility with all top brands of cars. The 100/90W wattage gives you an incomparable brightness.
- Better high and low beam than stock lamps.
- Satisfactory nighttime visibility.
- Fits most models.
- Bulbs are halogen so heating up is unavoidable.
Another gem from Phillips which has a beam length of 130m and also 130% more brightness. It also has a high resistance to thermal shock and pressure. This is one of the best headlight bulbs for night driving in India and is also DOT compatible.
- Good nighttime visibility.
- Great product for the price.
- Need to install heavy duty relay else risk bulb fusing.
- The connectors need to be metal and not plastic due to the heat produced.
Osram Night Breaker comes in a stylish design with a partial blue coating and also a silver cap. It also brags of a longer light beam of up to 40 m which makes it perfect for highway driving. The brightness and long light beam give a better visibility and safety making it the powerful headlights for the car, India has seen.
- Up to 20% whiter light in the high beam.
- Better visibility especially at highways.
- Not satisfactory nighttime visibility.
- Low beam is noticeably yellow.
Philips headlight bulbs for cars are no doubt the best in the market with these H4 X-treme Vision series. It operates at 3700k and emits a pure white beam of light. Also, it transmits 130% more light than standard H4 bulbs.
- Brighter white light and doesn’t scatter in fogs.
- Low beam throw is good.
- High beam isn’t satisfactory.
Osram has yet another winner with the Night Breaker Laser. The Xenon gas filling in the laser light provides for a longer beam and 130% brighter light which is also 20% whiter than the Halogen lamp. It is also one among the best and powerful headlights for car India has ever seen.
- Incomparable Night visibility.
- Quite expensive for headlights.
- The high beam from halogen lamps in the oncoming cars might be blinding during night time driving.
- Glare during rain or fog.
Bosch a new entry in the market has come up with a halogen lamp with an output similar to that of a xenon gas-filled laser. The brightness is unmatched which makes it ideal for night driving and is the best car headlights for night driving India.
- Has UV block to protect the headlights.
- Satisfactory for night time driving not extraordinary.
- Not white light.
Osram H4 Laser Night Breaker emits 130% more light and also a longer beam which is the result of their latest innovation, the laser ablation technology. The pure xenon gas makes for more light and also a wider high beam.
- Much better visibility with a light beam up to 40 m.
- Wide high beam.
- White high beam but the low beam is yellow.
- Burns out faster hence low lifetime.
Osram Cool Blue intense succeeds both at the high beam and the low beam making it the best powerful LED headlights. The xenon gas lends a brighter light that reaches a colour temperature of 4200K. If a headlight can be stylish, this is it with its silver cap and its modern design.
- 20% brighter than the standard stock lamp.
- Reliable at the high and low beam.
- The light is white but more of a yellowish white.
Bosch takes its place among the best car headlight bulbs in India with the H4 Halogen Headlight Bulb. They operate at a 100/90W wattage and gives out a bright yellow light typical of a halogen lamp.
- A perfect companion for night driving.
- Pretty good high beam.
- Compatible with very few vehicles.
- It’s halogen so the heat radiated is immense.