A GPS tracker is the next best thing to sliced bread when you have kids. It provides with the real-time location details of your loved ones in detail. In case of theft, you can track the location of the device or car instantaneously with the help of GPS tracking device for cars.
What is a GPS?
GPS or Global Positioning Satellite is used to track the location of the car or device or even individual with the help of satellites orbiting the Earth. It tracks the objects in the form of signals using multiple satellites and uses it to pinpoint the location.
Top 10 Best Car GPS Tracker In India
When it comes to choosing a GPS for your car, you need to keep in mind the following technical terms and choose accordingly.
- Passive Tracking System
- Real-Time Tracking System
- Alerts and Notifications
- Quality Mapping
- Mobile Compatibility
LAMROD GPS Security Tracker is a real-time tracking device which is a combination of the GPS device and also a mobile app.
- Provides Live Tracking.
- Engine access feature for key start vehicles and you can switch on or off your vehicle in case of theft.
- Daily stats for your vehicle including total distance, run time, idle time, maximum speed and average speed.
- You need a data connection for SMS and push notifications.
- Engine cut-off works only when the speed is below 10/kmph.
Akari Gt02A GPS Tracker is primarily a vehicle/motorcycle tracker that uses the GPS and also GSM/GPRS system. While real-time tracking is free for the first month, you would have to purchase a subscription to continue. But you can still track via SMS.
- Provides real-time tracking via mobile and computer.
- Provides a history of one month route, route detail and also total KMs.
- Data connection needed for alerts.
- A yearly subscription of ₹499, after the first year.
- Multiple cars tracking feature.
- Offers remote scanning for any engine-related issues.
- Trip history includes the route taken, fuel consumption, distance and more.
- Late notification for engine start and Geofence.
- Has issues latching on to the signal.
SAM GPS security Mini is a compact GPS tracking system with a GPS and security system packed in one device. It not only tracks your vehicle but it also keeps it secure with its myriad security features.
- Anti-theft alarm.
- Define safe zones, geofences and over speed limits.
- Daily stats include total distance, idle time, run time, stoppage time, average speed and maximum speed using smart graphs.
- A wide area of compatibility including car, bike, scooty, bus, truck and JCB.
- Battery warranty gets void if installed in a new bike or car.
- No iOS application.
Lamrod Prime is a highly efficient and accurate real-time GPS tracker for cars and bikes. It also offers high precision tracking of your vehicle real-time on google map.
- Accurate real-time tracking of your vehicle.
- History stored include routes travelled up to one year.
- Also, includes speed tracker and fuel consumption tracker.
- Comes with anti-theft protection.
- Tracking service cost ₹599 from the second year onwards.
- Lagging in-vehicle information up to 5 minutes.
Touted as a powerful GPS tracker, Drivool mini GPS Tracker provides real-time GPS tracking for any kind of vehicle. It is quite a robust and versatile tracking system and can be connected to the power source in your vehicle.
- Has a mobile app to track the vehicle.
- Can customize it to add a panic button if needed.
- Can be used to track school buses or trucks.
- Battery drains fast even when not in use.
- Pre-configured to work in Airtel network.
Letstrack is more of a customer oriented GPS tracking device that can track your loved ones. You can view their location from your mobile and even chat with them.
- Real-time global tracking.
- Has an inbuilt battery backup.
- Multiple car sharing is possible.
- Notifications include geofencing and over speeding.
- The app shows a lag of around 100m.
- No engine cut-off functions.
- The in-built GPS, GPRS and accelerometer provide accurate real-time information.
- Car engine issues like low battery, high coolant temperature and engine trouble will be notified.
- Daily stats on the driving behaviour.
- Pricey renewal subscriptions.
- Inconsistent anti-theft alarm.
- Works at GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz and GPRS: Class12, TCP/IP.
- Requires a voltage supply of 9~56v.
- Accuracy of approximately 10m.
- Works on 2g network.
A compact yet powerful locator, Dytech GPS Tracker is used mostly in professional environments to track fleets of company cars and trucks. It is compatible with all vehicles and comes with a iOS and Android compatible app. It also comes equipped with status lamps to indicate GSM status, GPS status and power status of the tracker.
- Locating time is 2s with a hot start and 15 s with a cold start.
- Impressive tracking with 20 Tracking sensitivity and -159dBm Acquisition sensitivity.
- Offers real-time monitoring.
- No iOS app.
- No automated messages when the vehicle leaves the fence.